So many people have so many different reasons for having a tattoo on their body. Some for beautification, medical purpose, others for memories, while a large number of people have tattoo because it is becoming popular on social media and they would want to belong.
Markings, drawings or better still, inscriptions made on the bodies for beautification, tradition or for any other reasons with ink or any coloured pigment are called Tattoos. Currently, this is definitely for me what is in vogue in our world today after social media.
But the use of tattoo never started just recently or over some decades ago, it has been practiced for centuries in many cultures and spread throughout the world.
Lets checkout the 10 reason why it is unhealthy for our body..
1) Getting tattooed can turn bad: Particularly red or similar colors (like purple, pink, orange etc) tend to cause more problems and damages compared to other colors. Red ink has even caused skin and flesh damages so severe that amputation of a leg or an arm has been necessary. When a tattooed area begins to cause even minor troubles, like becoming itchy or worse lumpy, then Danish experts strongly suggest removing the red parts.
2) You can get infected: This is a common occurrence especially in developing countries where the cost of obtaining quality tattooing materials is expensive. Tattoo artiste could be careless a times. Unsterilized tattooing equipments can transmit infectious diseases such as hepatitis, tuberculosis, infections of the skin, fungal infections, HIV, staph. The risk of infections is the reason the American Association of Blood Banks requires a one-year wait interval between getting a tattoo and donating blood. So it is extremely important to make sure that all materials used for tattooing are kept clean and sterilized always before use.
3) Having a bath or swimming is a nightmare: If you are thinking of getting a tattoo you might as well know that fresh tattoos are water resistant. In other words, avoid coming in contact with water for a week after getting a tattoo and when you take a bath it would sting and hurt badly. Therefore, the person who receives a tattoo must be sure to take good care for the tattooed area properly during the first week and after the pigments are injected.
4) Process of Tattoo removal is dangerous and risky: The expense and pain associated with removing tattoos are typically greater than the ones associated with applying them. The various processes involved in tattoo removal are widely seen by many to be dangerous especially the surgical use of tissue expanders (balloons are inserted under the skin, so that when the tattoo is cut away, scarring is minimized). Larger tattoos may require repeated surgery for complete removal. Other methods of tattoo removal include Dermabrasion, which involves abrading layers of skin with a wire brush or diamond fraise (a type of sanding disc). This method is very painful and always leaves a scar.
5) Allergic Reactions: According to medical scientist, every normal living human being is allergic to something except if not yet discovered by some persons. So that means some persons who wants to get tattooed could be allergic to some methods of Tattoo removal especially the laser treatments. There have been reports of individuals suffering allergic reactions after the use of laser treatments to remove tattoos, apparently because the laser caused allergic substances in the tattoo ink to be released directly into the body.
Another situation is that you could see some one with tattoo and you now decide to emulate or copy such person, it could be danger cos we have various body system, it may work with the person body system but not yours, so be Wise
6) Nodule formation around tattoo areas: Particles of tattoo pigments can sometimes form granulomas when it comes in contact with the body. Granulomas are nodules that may form around materials that the body may perceive as unwanted and foreign.
7) Facing the moral society: Are you prepared to face the moral Society? People with Tattoo are seen as Outcast in the christian community. You might as well be ready to live with the stigmatization that comes when you finally get a tattoo. In this part of the world, tattoo is not well accepted especially amongst Christians and persons who have them on their bodies are brandished irresponsible and dirty. In most cases they are preached to repent and asked to accept Jesus Christ’ as their personal lord and saviour. Also WHO (World Health Organization) has said that anybody with Tattoo should not be allowed to donate blood within 12 months of getting the tattoo, this is why Popular Portuguese football star Cristiano Ronaldo do not have a single tattoo on his body because he donates blood to hospitals every year)
9) Keloid formation and MRI complications: MRI means magnetic resonance imaging and is a test that uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to make pictures of organs and structures inside the body. It could be an X-ray, ultrasound, or computed tomography (CT) scan. There were reported cases of people with tattoo who experience swelling or burning in the affected areas when they undergo any MRI treatment.
10) Coping with desire to remove tattoo: Due to constant change in trends and styles, the once nice-looking permanent tattoo when first injected may be later called old-fashioned and embarrassing. So, the need or desire to update your tattoo style may arise which will lead to camouflaging. Camouflaging a tattoo involves the injection of new pigments either to form a new pattern or cover a tattoo with skin-toned pigments.
11) Complication during and after removal: Removal of tattoos from the body can cause a lot of damage to the skin. Despite advances in technology, removing a tattoo is a painful process, which usually involves series of treatment and is expensive too. It should be noted that complete removal without scarring may be impossible.
So Tattoo has numerious effects in the body system, do not indulge in it.
Share this so everyone can learn..
See more at