You're up late Guest. It's 22 May 2013, 3:20 am!
Job search, how to pass at interviews, interview tips, experiences and discussions
Preparing for an interview? Don't break your chances with some avoidable mistakes. Its hard to believe that people are actually this stupid ...
1. Arriving late.
2. Arriving too early.
3. Lighting up a cigarette, or smelling like a cigarette. :o
4. Bad-mouthing your last boss.
5. Lying about your skills/experience/knowledge.
6. Wearing the wrong (for this workplace!) clothes.
7. Forgetting the name of the person you're interviewing with.
8. Wearing a ton of perfume or aftershave.
9. Wearing sunglasses.
10. Wearing a Bluetooth earpiece.
11. Failing to research the employer in advance.
12. Failing to demonstrate enthusiasm.
13. Inquiring about benefits too soon.
14. Talking about salary requirements too soon.
15. Being unable to explain how your strengths and abilities apply to the job in question.
16. Failing to make a strong case for why you are the best person for this job.
17. Forgetting to bring a copy of your CV and/or portfolio.
18. Failing to remember what you wrote on your own CV.
19. Asking too many questions.
20. Asking no questions at all.
21. Being unprepared to answer the standard questions.
22. Failing to listen carefully to what the interviewer is saying.
23. Talking more than half the time.
24. Interrupting your interviewer.
25. Neglecting to match the communication style of your interviewer.
26. Yawning. :o
28. Bringing along a friend, or your mother.
29. Chewing gum, tobacco, your pen, your hair.
30. Laughing, giggling, whistling, humming, lip-smacking.
31. Saying "you know," "like," "I guess," and "um."
32. Name-dropping or bragging or sounding like a know-it-all.
33. Asking to use the bathroom.
34. Being falsely or exaggeratedly modest.
35. Shaking hands too weakly, or too firmly.
36. Failing to make eye contact (or making continuous eye contact).
37. Taking a seat before your interviewer does.
38. Becoming angry or defensive.
39. Complaining that you were kept waiting.
40. Complaining about anything!
41. Speaking rudely to the receptionist.
42. Letting your nervousness show.
43. Overexplaining why you lost your last job.
44. Being too familiar and jokey.
45. Sounding desperate.
46. Checking the time.
48. Sounding rehearsed.
49. Leaving your mobile phone on.
50. Failing to ask for the job.
51. Failing to get the job.
REMEMBER TO HIT THE THANK YOU BUTTON!
Lolzzz. All may not work but we pick the relevant and useful ones, abi?
[ m ]
Browsing the kokolets is my hobby!
Welcome to Best Naija! - The Best Online Naija Community!
9 posts >> Page 1 of 1